Medical Assistant (Orthopedics)
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
Medical Assistants are responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.
|Duties:||Patient Care |
• Checking schedules and organizing patient flow
• Accompanying patients to exam/procedure room
• Assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
• Collecting patient history
• Administering X-rays
• Performing screenings per provider guidelines
• Assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families
• Answering calls and providing pertinent information
• Setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol
• Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
• Restocking exam/procedure rooms
• Sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly
• Other patient care duties as assigned
• Sending/receiving patient medical records
• Obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
• Completing forms/requisitions as needed
• Verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics
• Managing and charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately
• Other clerical duties as assigned
• Must have High School diploma
• Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
• Preferred to have obtain X-ray Certification
• Prefer two plus years of experience
• Prefer experience to be in Orthopedics
**Bilingual is a plus**
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.