Workers' Compensation Coordinator
|Salary Range:||Based on Experience |
This position is responsible for assisting Insurance Providers, Doctors and Worker's Comp patients in obtaining needed appointments, tests and paperwork. This position would be a direct hire working in an Orthopedic private medical practice.
|Duties:||• Verification of workers' compensation insurance and/or authorizations on all new patients and those requiring updates. Verification and Authorization is to be done on the front end of all patient visits and testing.|
• Record Date of Injury or First Report if needed
• Schedule medical evaluation for workers' compensation patients and any required testing to include Surgery if needed.
• Follow up and complete required paper work.
• Documenting in practice management system
• Coordinate with Insurance Providers and providers as needed
• Works closely with physicians and medical staff.
• Answers pre-certification and authorization questions pertaining to workers' compensation patients
• Other workers compensation management duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Must have strong working knowledge of workers' compensation rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Record systems and patient scheduling systems
- Must have excellent customer-service and communication skils
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual Spanish speaking candidate is a plus
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.